This is probably the most awesome social studies report ever!
I was planning to do a similar group project with my fourth graders next year. While on a field trip to the local mission, students would survey and take photos of the mission with the intent of recreating it to scale within Minecraft. This amazing fourth grader did the whole project by himself. Check out the level of detail in his reporting and how immersive his model.
My latest obsession is Minecraft in the classroom.
Check out an educational version of Minecraft.
MinecraftEdu offers full version of Minecraft to educators for over half off the regular price. They also offer an educational version of the Minecraft server software that includes a teacher control panel.
A series of MinecraftEdu Tutorials are located here.
• MS Education: EdTech Leadership
• Adjunct Faculty, Touro University
• Apple Distinguished Educator
• Google Teacher Academy, NY 2012
• Microsoft Innovative Educator
• NMC K-12 Ambassador
• Board of Directors, CUE
• East Bay CUE Board Member
• Diocese of Oakland, Tech Committee
• iOS Guru • Google Apps Evangelist
• Cloud Obsessed • EdTech Visionary
• Father of two precocious girls (4 and 6)